By: Sahar Mourad
Blake Lively, an American actress, model, and celebrity homemaker is a forever favourite celebrity. She is best known for her role as Serena van der Woodsen in the popular series Gossip Girl, and has since been a household name.
Lively has also starred in other films such as The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, Accepted, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, The Town, Green Lantern, Savages, Adaline and The Shallows (due to be released later this year in Australia).
Busy being a mother and wife, as well as being pregnant again, Lively has achieved a lot since she began her career as an actress, and later on as a model and celebrity homemaker. It was also her blonde locks and signature style which gained her two covers on popular magazine Vogue, and a Chanel spokesperson deal.
In 2011, she was featured in the annual TIME magazine of 100 influential people. She was also named the most desirable woman of 2011 by AskMen.com. Later in 2012, People magazine named her on of 2012’s Most Beautiful at Every Age.
During this time, Lively met Ryan Reynolds who is now her husband, and they are honestly the cutest couple! The pair met on the set of The Green Lantern in 2010, and married in 2012. The couple have one daughter, James who was born in December 2014. There is going to be another addition to the family, with reports that he and Lively are expecting their second child.
Lively’s first make-up campaign came in October 2013, when she was named the new face of L’Oreal.
Her latest film, The Shallows, has received mostly positive reviews and Lively’s performance was praised by critics. Guess we have to wait a bit to find out!
Five fun facts about Blake Lively, according to People:
• Blake Lively revealed to In Style that her Gossip Girl character Serena van der Woodsen wore a $12,000 John Galliano jacket and a $10,000 Chanel coat for her first day of school.
• Blake Lively was the only actual teenager in 2005’s The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants with America Ferrera, Alexis Bledel and Amber Tamblyn.
• If it weren’t for Blake Lively’s actor brothers, Eric and Jason, she wouldn’t have taken the initiative to be an actress. “They set me up on some auditions and after a very short amount of time I got The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,” she told the Edmonton Journal.
• At L.A.’s Burbank High School, Blake Lively was senior class president, a cheerleader, and a member of the championship choir.
• Blake Lively’s father Ernie played her onscreen dad in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Of her showbiz family she told the Boston Herald, “I think it’s great that they’re all in it. I grew up on sets. They’re very helpful and understanding.”