1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoons ground cloves
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cinnamon sugar topping
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2/3 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– Preheat oven to 280 degrees.
– Lightly oil a mini muffin pan or coat with nonstick spray.
– In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, baking powder and salt.
– In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, canola oil, egg and vanilla.
– Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
– Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray.
– Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
– To make the cinnamon sugar, combine cinnamon and sugar.
– When the muffins are done, cool for 2 minutes and dip each muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
– Let it cool on a wire rack.